OSOT America takes pride in using your donations wisely. Below is an overview of our programs that are supported by your dollars.
COMFORT PACKAGE PROGRAM
OSOT America’s original program continues to support our troops in the field. It has always been our belief that service members who feel supported by their country while they are away will have an easier time with reintegration. Each year over $100,000 is spent on postage for this program alone! Your donation helps to fund that postage along with warehouse costs for donated items. Monetary donations also cover items for the boxes that are needed and have not been donated. Some highlights of this program:
- Over 5,000 packages each year; 1,000,000 lbs since inception!
- Special packages as requested (blankets, hand warmers, chaplain support etc.)
- Approximately 5,000 hand made and filled Christmas Stockings sent at Holiday time
FAMILY RESOURCE AND SUPPORT TEAM (FRST)
Taking care of families is an important part of our mission – especially in areas where there is no access to military provided support. Your donation helps to fund speakers, meeting space, travel costs and individual support as needed. OSOT America provided support and resources through this program includes:
- Host Speakers/counselors dealing with deployment and re-integration issues
- Baby Basket Project (Basket of baby items and goodies to wives who deliver while husband is deployed).
- Illinois Connections for families of the fallen
- Support for Families of Wounded at Bethesda
- Funding of part time position at Fisher House/Hines
- Corporate Partnerships Working with corporations to utilize their available resources to give back to troops and veterans.
- Tent for families of fallen at Rockin’ for the Troops
- Providing education and resource materials
RETURNING VETERAN OUTREACH
OSOT America fulfills its commitment to the returning veteran in two ways. First, through a funded program dedicated to job search we work with both the veteran looking for work as well as hiring managers and corporations to help them understand and realize the veteran as a proven performer. Second, we provide funding to major research efforts in the area of Post Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury, the unseen wounds of war. Your donation is directed toward both of these efforts. OSOT America has made significant impact in this area including:
- Funding to research efforts of the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE) in Washington DC
- Active Participation in the Chicago Area Advisory Board for the US Army Recruiting Command Veteran Jobs Initiative
- Military Network Night – a place for Veteran Support Organizations to come together and share information and seek support for their worthy efforts.
- Funding to ten other Veteran Support Organizations
***Administration and Fundraising costs
Thanks to the dedication and generous donation of time and talent, we are able to keep these costs to a minimum with only ten cents of each dollar being used for this purpose. Rockin’ for the Troops tickets and other merchandising sales covers the cost of most non-program expenses. You can be sure that when you donate to OSOT America your dollars are spent in direct support of our troops, families and veterans!