- Your Job Interview: Practice Interviews Make Perfect Interviews – Click Here
- Job Hunting: 3 Tips on What We Do Right – Click Here
- Military Skills – Translater – Click Here
This year Operation Support Our Troops-America has expanded their mission to include helping Veterans of all conflicts to find employment. Working with the US Chamber of Commerce and local chambers along with other Veterans organizations, the Veterans Administration, the Department of Labor, the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs and the Illinois Department of Employment Security we are assisting our Veterans in their job search.
We are helping to sponsor job fairs, workshops on resume writing, interviewing and using the social network to maximize the job search. We have also started a mentoring program for the Veterans and transitioning troops.
We have helped many veterans through the various stages of the job search. We do not have a bank of jobs just waiting for the veteran to apply. What we do is guide the Veteran by putting them in contact with the right people to help them in the search. In essence we act as a concierge service for the veterans in the battle to find a suitable job.
Each week we will be putting good to know information in the job search in the announcements as well as information about upcoming job fairs and workshops.
I feel both honored and humbled to be a part of this mission. For all you parents, transitioning troops, spouses of soldiers and veterans if we can be of service to you please contact me. My contact information is:
Director of Veterans Resources OSOT-America
The following tips and techniques for Veteran job applicants was compiled by OSOT America member and past VFW Post 3873 Commander Mike Barbour. The topics are informative, helpful and orientated toward the Veteran. Documents are available in both Word (*.docx) and Adobe Reader (*.pdf) formats.
Word (docx) and Adobe Reader (PDF) Formats
- 9 Tips for Job Searching Veterans (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- 10 Rules to Have a Great Interview (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- 10 Reasons Employers Want to Hire Military Veterans (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Top 11 Interview Questions of 2011 (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Potential Interview Questions (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- The MOST Important Trait That You Can Bring to the Interview is Self (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- 4 Ways to Answer a Question Without Being Paralyzed by Fear (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Your Turn to Ask Questions in the Job Interview (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- 7 First Time Resume Questions Answered (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Factors to Answer Questions (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Major Veteran Programs (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Making the Move From Military to Civilian Work (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here
- Blue Collar Resume Tips (Word) – Click Here (PDF) - Click Here