– Pop-Tarts COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Ramen Noodles–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Individual Cold Drink Mix (Gatorade, Propel, Lemonade Singles, NO K-CUPS)–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Canned Fruit (16oz or less, no glass, no fruit cups)–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Pouched Chicken or Tuna
– Rice Krispie Treats–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Sandwich Crackers–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Jerky/Slim Jim–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Pringles–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Dehydrated, Baked, or Freeze-Dried Fruit–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Trail Mix/ Snack Nuts (Individual Packs)–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Crackers/Cookies (Snack Bag Size)–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Peanut Butter
– Fruit Snacks
– Individual Hot Drinks (Hot Chocolate, Coffee Singles, Wrapped Tea Bags, NO K-CUPS)
– Dental Floss– COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Lotion (16 oz or less)– LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Mouthwash (17oz or smaller)–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Foot Powder– LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Pocket Kleenex packs– COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Pain Relief Medications (Tylenol and Advil)
– Cough Drops–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Disposable Razors
– Anti-Itch Cream/ Nasal Spray (no glass)
– Lotion (16oz or less)–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Antiacids (16oz or less)–COMPLETELY OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Eye Drops/Nasal Spray (no glass)–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Ziploc Snack Bags–LOW STOCK, Urgently Needed
– Ziploc Gallon Bags
– Band-Aids–COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK, Urgently Needed
We are in need of the following new items for Military Working Dogs:
Please note that dog treats cannot be accepted due to the strict diet of the dogs.
As the needs of the military change due to smaller and fewer bases and less area for storage, we too must adapt what we are putting in our packages. The requests are for more food items and I-Tunes cards have been expressed to us. Please see below for our current list of most needed items and note that this list does change often. If you are organizing a collection, please Click Here for our collection guideline document in Word format and be sure to contact email@example.com prior to starting your collection. To deliver a collection to our warehouse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the address and to arrange a date/time for delivery. Thank you!!
Please do not donate glass items, larger sizes than listed or expired items. Please do not donate plastic fruit cups. No prepacked boxes can be accepted.
Thank you for helping us support our troops!!
Thank you for your interest in Operation Support Our Troops-America. All of the items we send to the troops are obtained through donations, so by spearheading a collection drive, you are doing vital work for our organization. There are a few guidelines to consider that will help make your collection go smoothly, and will maximize our ability to utilize everything collected.
We have found that setting a specific time period for the collection is most helpful. A two week span from the start of the drive until it is delivered to us seems to be ideal. For our planning purposes, we would ask that you advise us of the beginning and end dates of your drive.
After several years of packing and sending boxes, we have devised an efficient system of sorting the items and packing the boxes that we send to the troops. For this reason, we ask that items should not come to us already assembled into premade “care packages” or “bagged assortments”. It is not necessary for you to sort anything…the items can be delivered to us “as is” and we will take care of the rest. If you absolutely feel the need to give the items to us in some orderly fashion, they can be roughly sorted into “food” and “nonfood” groups.
Besides collecting donated goods, we also welcome letters to the troops. Every care package includes at least one letter from a citizen, and these letters are highly prized by their recipients. Consider having your drive include the collection of letters to the troops. Since we send to every branch of the military, and not all military personnel are called “Soldiers”, we prefer the more generic greeting of “Dear military member” in the letters. Please do not seal the letters. The letters do not require postage and if you would like the individual that receives your letter to possibly write back, include your name and address.
When your drive is over, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com to arrange a time to drop off the items at our Lisle warehouse.
Operation Support Our Troops-America
1807 S. Washington St.
Suite 110, #359
Naperville, IL 60565